While the battle reports will slow down a bit, my hobbying will continue on as usual to keep the content coming here on the site. Something I recently finished were the three trolls and their campfire needed for the Roast Mutton scenario. I thought these minis would be both a good challenge and fun to paint but I found them harder to paint well and moretime consuming than expected.
Why is that? First off, these do push your modeling skills as there is are a number of seams in the plastic that are tricky to fill. They’re also time consuming to paint. To make them look good, you really need to glaze the skin to make it look realistic and that is time consuming with a brush. Airbrushing would probably help but I’m still learning how to use mine well so I avoided that for these minis. I will take some better pictures of these minis later on down the road when I get the terrain for them completed but for now anyway, these are done and I’m pleased to show them off.
The campfire is not easy to paint either and it surprisingly doesn’t come with its own base either. I got an extra 60mm base and put it on that but truthfully, it doesn’t fit on there well and it is hard to assemble it all and then paint because of constricted space. With some patience though, you can get it done and I even did a little OSL lighting which is kind of faint against the dark brown colors but looks nice.
I will be getting a “board” together for Roast Mutton and other scenarios soon but I’m glad that all the miniatures I need for this are done.